Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Efficiency: You are doing it wrong

Links for attendees:


Books on the Theory of Constraints. I suggest this order:


The Goal

The Phoenix Project

Critical Chain


Slack: Getting past burnout, busywork, and the myth of total efficiency, by Tom DeMarco is a great book. "The Mythical Man Month" and "Peopleware" are also worth your time.


I also wrote a series of blog posts that expands on what I talked about in the session. You can find the series here; it has sample value stream maps that for a software company at different levels. 


There was a side discussion about lean manufacturing, Toyota, and Honda. I'm pretty sure the Honda book I read was "Driving Honda: Inside the world's most innovative car company"


Send other questions to eric_gunnerson@hotmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment